REQUIREMENTS OF THE PROFESSIONAL NURSING SEMINARS PROGRAM
The RNFA student applicant candidate must:
- have scrubbed and circulated proficiently in the O.R. for 2 recent years.
- be a CNOR or qualified to sit for and pass the exam before the Clinical Internship is completed.
- have current CPR certification.
- have a copy of the nursing license in the state in which the internship is to be done.
- evidence of current malpractice insurance policy prior to beginning the Clinical Internship.
- a letter from their department manager validating their experience, proficiency in scrub and circulator roles, ability to perform in stressful and emergency situations, and ability to perform effectively and harmoniously with others on the operative team.
- a signed consent letter from the precepting surgeon, agreeing to collaborate with the student in planning the internship, providing (and teaching) learning situations in the perioperative arena that are unique and appropriate to the RN First Assistant role. These behaviors include, but are not limited to:
1. Tissue Handling
2. Providing Exposure
3. Using Instrumentation
4. Providing Hemostasis
To Register for This Course:
Each student must meet the qualifications as listed above. Please read over the qualifications before submitting any registration materials. Please make sure to include copies of the Registration Form, Letter of Recommendation, Preceptor Form, and any certificates or licenses pertinent to this course when registering for this program. To register for this course, you have two options available to you:
From the Registration Forms page, either:
- Fill out and submit the on-line form provided on the Forms page (simply fill out the Registration form and click "Submit") to have further information and forms mailed to you, or;
- Download all three of the above-mentioned forms in MS Word format by clicking on "Download forms", printing it out and mailing it in to RN First Assistant. You may save this file to disk or open it directly from your browser.
Feel free to contact us anytime if you have any questions.